the vinaigrette to end all vinaigrette’s…

June 11th, 2008 · 36 Comments

a couple of weeks ago i came across this post the very same day that chris was coming by with his duck confit.  as soon as my eyes locked in on the recipe, i knew this was to be my promised companion salad, a guaranteed sure-fire marriage made in heaven.  the richness of the crispy duck atop some perfectly cooked lemon butter asparagus – and then this salad beside it.  beautiful.

arugula and mango salad with a white chocolate and sriracha vinaigrette
shamelessly stolen from the
culinary sherpas

all i can say is that this salad had me at hello…

1 package baby arugula leaves
1 mango – sliced
1/4 cup cilantro leaves

1/4 cup white wine vinegar
1/2 tablespoon sriracha
1/3 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
2 tablespoons sugar
1/4 cup grated best quality white chocolate
3 tablespoons olive oil
salt and freshly ground pepper

in a sauce pan over medium heat, combine the sugar, orange juice, sriracha, and white wine vinegar.
stir and bring to a simmer to dissolve the sugar.
remove from heat and add the white chocolate, stirring well to melt and incorporate it into the dressing.
set aside and let cool, but do not refrigerate or the chocolate will set and become hard.
combine the arugula, cilantro, and mango in a salad bowl
whisk the olive oil into the white chocolate mixture to incorporate, season with salt and pepper, and toss well.

i highly recommend that you run-not-walk and make this salad.  it was impressive in every way.  the white chocolate is very subtle and the acidity of the vinegar breaks the cocoa butter perfectly.

today ceF is officially 1 year old.

thanks for all your well wishes.  i would have baked you a cake, but in the name of zipping my jeans and continuing on with my plan, instead i put up a few updated pictures of myself taken last week (the very night i -ahem- had dinner with joe bastianich) and took down the younger thinner versions from last year.  after all, this ain’t match.com – if you get my drift.

i’m just keeping it real…

so, i lift my glass of filtered water to all of you.  here’s to another 171 posts.  fyi, that’s 1,197 in dog posts.

hey, thanks for reading…

Tags: salad

• 1 http://dragonflyexpressions.com/california-insurance-specialists.html // Sep 24, 2016 at 7:47 pm

At last! Something clear I can understand. Thanks!

• 2 cheap full coverage auto insurance Savannah GA // Sep 25, 2016 at 12:03 am

We are a group of volunteers and starting a new scheme in our community. Your web site offered us with valuable info to work on. You’ve done an impressive job and our entire community will be grateful to you.

• 3 cheap car insurance Fresno CA // Sep 25, 2016 at 1:43 am

disse:This is the correct weblog for anybody who wants to seek out out about this topic. You notice a lot its nearly onerous to argue with you (not that I truly would want…HaHa). You definitely put a brand new spin on a topic thats been written about for years. Nice stuff, just nice!

• 4 cheapest car insurance in Laredo TX // Sep 25, 2016 at 2:01 am

Ara18burcu Milgram deneyi, vicdani deÄŸerlere ters düşmesine raÄŸmen otoriteye ne ölçüde itaat gösterilebileceÄŸinin ölçülmesi amacıyla gerçekleÅŸtirildi diye biliyoruz. “Deney insanların belli bir rol altında anonimleÅŸerek kendi kimliklerinden sıyrılacağını ortaya koymayı amaçlıyordu.” cümlesi çok da açıklayıcı deÄŸil sanırım..saygılar..

• 5 insurance auto // Sep 25, 2016 at 2:14 am

As I read this I was debating getting a tattoo I've wanted for over a year. Thanks to your body autonomy pep talk, I am making the appointment. You always inspire and I hope you continue to write. Also, I love this outfit – earth tones and bold prints! Yay!

• 6 cheap non owners insurance Antioch TN // Sep 25, 2016 at 2:39 am

Tivemos a mesma impressão, Tiago, até escrevi sobre isso no blog. Parece que o Goldman estava dividido entre documentário e ficção. Fora que ficou tentando sensibilizar o espectador com a história do Jean, que cá entre nós, não tinha motivo para se fazer um filme de ficção.o/

• 7 direct auto insurance Bremerton WA // Sep 25, 2016 at 4:50 am

Hey,I found your blog while trying to find places to swim when I go to Nigeria this summer. I hope to do a Tri someday (NOT an ironman. You are a brave woman) but I need to keep working on the swim. Good luck with training and the race!!!

• 8 cheapest auto insurance in Salt Lake City UT // Sep 25, 2016 at 9:34 am

I haven't made a Pork Milanese in ages! Such a good dish, and that sauce is really interesting. Great idea about the Mascarpone cheese – I don't know why I never make that (or Ricotta, for that matter) – it' pretty easy to do, after all. Nice post – thanks.

• 9 cheap full coverage auto insurance North Fort Myers FL // Sep 25, 2016 at 10:39 am

yo pienso que ay muchas cosa k disen k no son correta los metalicos son unidos y cuando asen algo lo asen todo o empresencia de todoy lok disen sobre pintarse la uña de negro no e sierto ami me gusta pintarme la uña de negro bestirme de negro entera y no soy metalica ni me gustaria nunca y de mucho sobre ello poreso esk digo que ay ay algo raro ello no atuan asi y pienso k lok ustede no saven no lo ablen k pueden confundir a las demas persona

• 10 best auto insurance in Flint MI // Sep 25, 2016 at 10:39 am

That really captures the spirit of it. Thanks for posting.

• 11 best car insurance in Bronx NY // Sep 25, 2016 at 10:58 am

TYVM you’ve solved all my problems

• 12 cheap full coverage car insurance Mechanicsville VA // Sep 25, 2016 at 11:29 am

Great article – you haven’t changed a bit! I have a 19 year old daughter and a 17 year old son who someday I want to take back to Ethiopia. Your story is encouraging. Emmett Garbett

• 13 cheap auto insurance Tallahassee FL // Sep 25, 2016 at 12:39 pm

Naomi-I, too, one day hope to have a sourdough starter. King Arthur Flour sells a starter and I usually take a couple of looks at it before moving on. I appreciate your support on removing jello pudding from the ingredients 🙂

• 14 cheap auto insurance quotes Covina CA // Sep 25, 2016 at 1:24 pm

we like to honor numerous other online internet sites around the web, even when they aren?t linked to us, by linking to them. Underneath are some webpages really worth checking out

• 15 list of car insurances in Englewood CO // Sep 25, 2016 at 3:27 pm

Mr. Anonymous: I worked with the individuals who did the body retrieval, the autopsies, the DNA testing, and the burials.I spent many days in and around Srebrenica.I interviewed survivors and witnesses and met with the perpetrators in the line of duty. I had the privilege of seeing some of them sent to the Hague for judgment.It happened. It was genocide, so found after painstaking legal actions by a court of law empowered to investigate it. And. you. know. it. I would say–may your name be erased–but you have already done so yourself.

• 16 cheap non owners insurance in Reno NV // Sep 25, 2016 at 3:40 pm

Thanks for sharing Make Use Of The Information Period | Astute Web Group with us keep update bro love your article about Make Use Of The Information Period | Astute Web Group .

• 17 car insurance with no license in Redlands CA // Sep 25, 2016 at 4:15 pm

You’re right…the tight jeans and vegetarian diet may not preclude violence as means of deflecting otherwise self-directed hipster loathing, even when a dimly lit restroom and warm glory hole would probably suffice. Not that there’s anything wrong with being a hipster — I just don’t like it when they feel the need to take out their insecurities on a completely benign and mostly well-received television show. How hypocritical of you to cast such harsh judgment on a show that promotes alternative motorcycle lifestyles. Have you no sense of irony?

• 18 look auto insurance Schaumburg IL // Sep 25, 2016 at 4:16 pm

Ah yes, nicely put, everyone.

• 19 cheap car insurance quotes Kearny NJ // Sep 25, 2016 at 4:38 pm

it ROR should not be taken off the table but that it is not realistic (which tends to undercut it). I didn’t see the interview but every other time he has defended the two state position.He publicly abandoned the Gaza Freedom March steering committee a year ago when the Palestinians organizing it included reference to the ROR as well as BDS. Personall, I don’t engage in the one state vs two-state argument because not only is it not our business because, at the moment neither seems viable and there are more pressing issues that need to be addressed.

• 20 average car insurance rates in Port Orange FL // Sep 25, 2016 at 7:28 pm

he thought the whole design up himself while recovering from wounds in a hospital. He would not lie would he? I mean it is a just a coincidence that his rifle resembles the StG-44 and shoots a mid range cartridge. Russians never lie I am told.

• 21 auto insurance Daytona Beach FL // Sep 25, 2016 at 7:47 pm

Hi, I'm Vonda from Indiana, USA and I recently found your blog and have really enjoyed your posts and love your fashion style and your knack for finding such unique vintage treasures. Look forward to more of your posts!

• 22 car insurance with no license in Oakland CA // Sep 25, 2016 at 8:18 pm

Your’s is the intelligent approach to this issue.

• 23 car insurance in Boston MA // Sep 25, 2016 at 8:21 pm

Loving the solids. I did your solids club last year and for the longest time, I just collected them – didn’t really use them. Now I am constantly digging into them and loving them! Just did Weeks and Bills Moderm Mystery Quilt via AQS with a bunch go them, and I just finished another quilt with a pieced back with several solids and leftovers from charm packs. I think I like the back better than the front!

• 24 auto owners insurance Naples FL // Sep 26, 2016 at 12:30 am

Simply wish to say your article is as surprising. The clarity in your post is just nice and i can assume you are an expert on this subject. Well with your permission let me to grab your feed to keep updated with forthcoming post. Thanks a million and please keep up the gratifying work.

• 25 auto insurance rates Peoria IL // Sep 26, 2016 at 12:30 am

ja mam pocit ze facebook uz z vacsej casti to ICQ vykinozil. V kontakte liste na ICQ som mal okolo 100 kontaktov, z toho vzdy bola aspon tretina online. Teraz mam online pravidelne iba 3 ludi. FCBK chat je furt plny 😉

• 26 list of car insurances in South Bend IN // Sep 26, 2016 at 2:38 am

Mary, I simply love a good Boeuf Bourguignon but have never prepared Julia's. I have prepared Ina Garten's recipe and really do like it. I'll have to give Julia's a try to see which I like better and I liked the changes you made. I will put that in my notes.I think this Boeuf Bourguignon recipe will be on my menu very soon.Carolyn/A Southerners Notebook

• 27 cheap full coverage auto insurance Herndon VA // Sep 26, 2016 at 3:13 am

At the school where I teach, the teachers take turns providing meals for each other every Friday. So twice a year I have to provide meals for the thirty odd teachers with whom I work.Yet I can’t eat any of the food they provide.This coming fall I’m going to ask if I can bow out. After all, I bring food from home and provide for myself EVERY Friday. It’s getting old.This is a volunteer thing (like Secret Santa), but everyone participates. By not participating, some people may think I’m being a prude.Oh well.

• 28 free car insurance quotes // Sep 26, 2016 at 3:59 am

Free medical insurance im not gonna lie to you folks, that does seem like pee….not saying that ppl cant squirt….but thats most likely pee

• 29 car insurance with no license in Woodland Hills CA // Sep 26, 2016 at 4:06 am

It’s great to find an expert who can explain things so well

• 30 car insurance with no license in Sunnyvale CA // Sep 26, 2016 at 5:37 am

Es posible que tengas razón en un porcentaje muy alto de los consumidores y, por supuesto que hay que seguir haciendo mucha labor de cultura científica…y de anti quimifobia.Un abrazo

• 31 cheap sr22 insurance Rome GA // Sep 26, 2016 at 6:02 am

Stephen Sizer has a better balance on this shambles. Both sides are manipulative in the extreme and I'm not sure I'd prefer a hard line Zionist over a radical Muslim. I find Christian support of the Jews at the expense of the Palestinian christians (who get it from both sides) because of dodgy theology particularly annoying.

• 32 cheap non owners insurance Simi Valley CA // Sep 26, 2016 at 6:18 am

“THANKS FOR REMINDING US OF WHAT THE REAL FOCUS SHOULD BE ON AND DOING FOR OTHERS IS THE ONLY WAY . . . ”

• 33 full coverage car insurance Lufkin TX // Sep 26, 2016 at 6:33 am

It’s much easier to understand when you put it that way!

• 34 auto acceptance insurance San Clemente CA // Sep 26, 2016 at 8:35 am

At last! Someone with the insight to solve the problem!

• 35 payless auto insurance Ephrata PA // Sep 26, 2016 at 9:44 am

admin diyor ki:Tamam ben bu yarismaya katildim ama daha lida nin tam olarak ne oldugunu öğrenemedim.Zayiflama kremi mi yoksa güzellik kremi mi çözebilmiş degilim.Umarim yarisma da öğrenerek hem de tecrübe sahibi olurum

• 36 cheap car insurance quotes Tucker GA // Sep 26, 2016 at 10:28 am

Perfect shot! Thanks for your post!

• 37 auto insurance quotes // Sep 26, 2016 at 12:50 pm

It looks to me that this web site doesnt download in a Motorola Droid. Are other folks getting the same issue? I enjoy this website and dont want to have to skip it whenever Im gone from my computer.

• 38 car insurance with no license in High Point NC // Sep 26, 2016 at 1:41 pm

J’utilise le site depuis un an, je suis habile je pense, c’est la nouvelle version qui ne fonctionne pas. Je ne peux pas cliquer sur rien et je ne peux même pas écrire un commentaire ou une question sur le site de monclasseur. Voilà pourquoi je suis venue le dire ici pour savoir si quelqu’un est dans la même position que moi.

• 39 cheap sr22 insurance Yorba Linda CA // Sep 26, 2016 at 2:22 pm

The paragon of understanding these issues is right here!

• 40 insurance car // Sep 26, 2016 at 3:20 pm

Hello, I discovered your blog page within a new directory of blogs. I don’t know how your weblog came up, should have been a typo, Your blog looks excellent. Have a wonderful day

• 41 auto insurance Seminole FL // Sep 26, 2016 at 5:10 pm

~sorry, nsangoma, I don’t see the Genarlow Wilson connnection. field negro 8:17 AMDamn Jim, er field. Where do you think unmarried baby daddy, unmarried baby mama, and fatherless daughters, and fatherless sons come from? The stork?`

• 42 cheap full coverage auto insurance Pinellas Park FL // Sep 26, 2016 at 6:44 pm

I have started using micro-expressions in my work too after I discovered them in my research on body language and how to 'read' facial expressions. Pretty fascinating stuff.

• 43 low income car insurance dmv Zanesville OH // Sep 26, 2016 at 7:00 pm

ma dobbiamo per forza far intervenire i sindacati?volevamo evitare questioni..come possiamo richiederli?E' stata fatta anche una telefonata dai sindacati al nostro consulente paghe che ha riferito all'azienda dell'accaduto,ma nonostante tutto,niente..anzi si sono pure arrabbiati xchè abbiamo chiesto

• 44 cheapest car insurance San Juan Capistrano CA // Sep 26, 2016 at 7:56 pm

Marrant comment Nadal commet jéjà une faute en coup droit inhabituelle sur un point important… On devine le passif de ces matchs précédents contre le Serbe !

• 45 car insurance rates Louisville KY // Sep 26, 2016 at 8:00 pm

Also, the Youtube engine should be smart enough to judge whether or not to use the 16:9 format. Why use 16:9 when you're just going to have a lot of extra dead space on either side? There should also be a toggle button so the user can flip between the views, which would be useful for letterboxed movies.

• 46 low income auto insurance Wooster OH // Sep 26, 2016 at 9:06 pm

The update didn’t work for me the first time. I got error code 80180005, which isn’t even listed on MS’s site.Both the pre-update and NoDo updated successfully (not using a workaround) prior to this update.After a full phone shutdown and restart, it installed correctly.

• 47 cheap auto insurance quotes Pearland TX // Sep 26, 2016 at 11:23 pm

There are two reasons to take the new government attack on Arpaio with a grain of salt.First, the charges of discrimination against the 'dark skins" comes from (wait for it) the US Department of Justice which will not even come clean on there own nefarious "Fast and Furious" gun-running operation – and secondly, the Justice Department official in charge of the Arpaio yellow journalism paper is named (are youe kidding me?) PEREZ!

• 48 free auto insurance quotes New Boston MI // Sep 27, 2016 at 1:58 am

Why should he though, she’s only a singer. It’s not as if she actively offers anything to society – I find it extremely refreshing to that at least one persons mind hasn’t been poisoned by overly obsessive pop culture

• 49 http://dichvu3gvinaphone.vn/huong-dan-mua-them-dung-luong-data-4g-vinaphone/ // Mar 20, 2017 at 4:13 pm

Good day! This post could not be written any better! Reading through this post
    reminds me of my previous room mate! He always kept chatting about this.
    I will forward this page to him. Fairly certain he will have
    a good read. Many thanks for sharing!

• 50 adultfrirendfinder // May 24, 2017 at 4:12 pm

Pretty section of content. I just stumbled upon your weblog and
    in accession capital to assert that I acquire in fact
    enjoyed account your blog posts. Any way I will be
    subscribing to your feeds and even I achievement you access consistently quickly.