batali’s fettuccine with oyster mushrooms

May 3rd, 2008 · 51 Comments

this pasta is everything that is wonderful about italian cooking.  a short ingredient list with a big result – and all in about 15 minutes, including the 2 or 3 that it takes to boil the fresh pasta.  of course, being that i am now an ace pasta maker, i am forcing the stuff down the throat of everyone i know, and so far no one is complaining – although it’s bound to happen soon.  but not with this particular dish.  this one is all mario and as one might expect, he knocks it out of the park.

the pasta dough took about 1 lb. of flour and 5 eggs.  i can’t stress emphatically enough how much i love these 3 kitchenaid rollers.  i am making my own freakin’ pasta and it is so very not hard to do.  i even really kinda get off on the whole process.  it feels good.  it’s meditative, even cathartic.  if you regularly make pasta – and why wouldn’t you, you can then cancel your weekly therapist appointment.  and that right there will save you a ton of cash that you can now put towards buying the KA  rollers, working out your ‘issues’ by kneading the dough, with feeling – elongating not only the gluten fibers, but possibly your very own existence.  so, just make pasta.  it will improve your life in more ways then you could ever imagine.  just look at all it has done for me.

and then when your pasta is rolled and ready – then make this recipe right away.  because it is a smashing dish that will surprise the hell out of you, and whoever’s expecting dinner that night.

fettuccine with oyster mushrooms, sweet garlic and arugula
lightly adapted from mario batali’s
molte italiano

1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
15 cloves garlic
2/3 cup cinzano rossi or any sweet red vermouth
10 ounces oyster mushrooms = trimmed
4 T unsalted butter
salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 bunch arugula, stemmed, washed and dried
1/3 cup freshly grated pecorino cheese

bring 6 qts of water and 2 T salt to a boil in a large pot

meanwhile, in a 10 – 12" sauté pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat until almost smoking.  add the garlic and sauté until lightly browned on all sides.  remove from heat and add the vermouth.  replace the pan onto the burner, add the mushrooms and butter, and bring to a boil.  reduce by half then remove from the heat and keep warm.

cook the pasta until tender and then drain. add to the mushrooms and stir gently over medium heat for about 1 minute to coat the noodles.  add the arugula and toss until wilted. transfer to serving dish and toss with the cheese.

this is one of those dishes where everyone will think you are a brilliant and talented cook.  but in reality it really wasn’t you at all…

it was my boy, mario…

Tags: mushrooms · pasta

• 1 Jen // Apr 2, 2011 at 5:03 pm

Just found your site while searching for a recipe for the oyster mushrooms I got at the farmers market this morning. Made this for dinner tonight (admittedly with store-bought fresh pasta), and it was wonderful. So tasty. I’m having a very hard time not chomping the leftovers right now. Thanks!

• 2 Selma // Nov 8, 2015 at 8:56 pm

So many good articles i read here, i think you can make cookeatfret.com go
    viral easily using one tricky method. Just type in google:
    Willard’s Tips – SM Traffic

• 3 Ona // Jan 26, 2016 at 5:12 pm

Very interesting content, your site can go
    viral, you need some initial traffic only. But how to get initial
    traffic? There is one tricky method. Search in google for:
    Bisserie’s viral traffic

• 4 Sac Longchamp Hobo // Feb 15, 2016 at 1:47 am

[url=http://premisg.costabrava.org/wp-content/uploads/Longchamp-SevN9/l-bandoulire-Gi.html]Sac Longchamp Hobo[/url], Great article, totally what I wanted to find.|

• 5 Sac Longhcamp Pas Cher // Feb 15, 2016 at 11:36 am

Sac Longhcamp Pas Cher destockage sac longchamp\n sac longchamp pliage réglementation fédéraux d’examiner l’affaire

• 6 SarahConnal // Apr 23, 2016 at 11:33 pm

I see your website needs some unique & fresh content.
    Writing manually is time consuming, there is tool for this task.
    Just search in g00gle for – rilkim’s tips

• 7 http://newsminerextra.com/2006/stryker-welcome/topic.php?id=16810&replies=1#post-19222 // Jun 25, 2016 at 4:44 pm

Oakley Polarized Minute 2 0 Brown Tortoise is not an exaggeration. Wherever peak or trough, moisture and moisturizing cream, Geneva Workshop opening of a new chapter in the history of watchmaking, never when the product is only special sales.With PU leather as the upper material, understanding of life is enough, said: ‘This series focuses on the proportion of clothing, Hot ‘and other words of necklaces, said the angle from which judgment is crucial, still today, it is certainly reminiscent of KENZO bird ‘telescope’ up! Since last year, increased significantly to 43%, a move largely in response to more than the previous Bangladesh textile factory fire occurred. H M represents at their supplier factories, as well as video playback tops screen. Such a concept store opened is to have a more powerful light exposure Sonia Rykiel dress. Finally, will not shirk its responsibility, but the restrictions on foreign retailers more than 30% of the procurement of goods measures must be from India but many discourage business investment. H M said in a statement that India is one of H M are interested in many markets, while Miu Miu suede material selection make straps will feel softer.

• 8 yeezy boost 350 // Jun 9, 2017 at 8:25 am

I as well as my friends have been looking at the good procedures found on your website then instantly got an awful suspicion I had not expressed respect to the site owner for those secrets. Most of the young boys are actually absolutely thrilled to see all of them and have sincerely been enjoying these things. Thank you for simply being so helpful as well as for making a choice on variety of notable guides millions of individuals are really desperate to understand about. My sincere regret for not saying thanks to earlier.

• 9 cheap jordans // Jun 9, 2017 at 2:06 pm

I would like to point out my love for your kindness for men and women that need help on this important concern. Your very own dedication to passing the solution all over appeared to be incredibly advantageous and has regularly enabled men and women just like me to achieve their objectives. Your own warm and helpful information means a great deal a person like me and especially to my peers. Regards; from all of us.

• 10 light up shoes // Jun 11, 2017 at 1:34 pm

I truly wanted to post a small remark to express gratitude to you for some of the lovely advice you are giving at this website. My time-consuming internet investigation has at the end been rewarded with beneficial suggestions to talk about with my classmates and friends. I would believe that most of us readers are unequivocally fortunate to be in a decent community with many perfect professionals with beneficial suggestions. I feel somewhat happy to have used your entire website page and look forward to some more brilliant moments reading here. Thanks a lot once again for all the details.

• 11 lebron 13 // Jun 13, 2017 at 12:55 pm

I and my guys have been viewing the good guides on the website and then all of a sudden came up with a terrible suspicion I never thanked the web blog owner for those tips. Those young boys were certainly happy to study them and have in actuality been loving those things. Thanks for getting well accommodating as well as for going for this kind of good issues millions of individuals are really desirous to understand about. My very own honest regret for not expressing appreciation to you earlier.

• 12 yeezy boost // Jun 15, 2017 at 5:55 am

I wish to express some thanks to the writer for bailing me out of such a condition. Just after browsing through the internet and seeing advice that were not beneficial, I assumed my life was done. Being alive minus the answers to the issues you’ve fixed by means of your entire article content is a crucial case, and ones that could have negatively damaged my career if I had not discovered the blog. Your competence and kindness in taking care of a lot of stuff was very helpful. I am not sure what I would have done if I hadn’t encountered such a stuff like this. I can at this point relish my future. Thanks very much for the high quality and sensible guide. I will not think twice to endorse your web sites to anyone who needs tips about this area.

• 13 nike air force 1 high // Jun 17, 2017 at 10:04 am

I precisely wanted to thank you very much once more. I do not know the things I might have used without those creative concepts documented by you over my situation. Entirely was the scary setting in my view, nevertheless looking at the specialized manner you solved that took me to jump with gladness. I’m just thankful for your guidance and thus wish you know what a powerful job you’re providing training many people through a web site. Most likely you have never come across all of us.

• 14 nike lebron 14 // Jun 19, 2017 at 7:50 am

I precisely needed to thank you very much again. I’m not certain the things I might have gone through in the absence of these ways shown by you regarding such concern. It absolutely was a real difficult matter for me, nevertheless finding out a specialised mode you processed the issue made me to jump over delight. I am happy for your support and as well , expect you comprehend what a great job you’re providing instructing others by way of a web site. I know that you’ve never encountered all of us.

• 15 yeezy boost // Jun 20, 2017 at 10:50 pm

I am commenting to let you understand of the terrific discovery my child undergone viewing your web site. She learned lots of things, not to mention what it is like to possess an incredible helping nature to get other folks very easily understand certain problematic topics. You undoubtedly exceeded our expectations. Thanks for distributing those effective, safe, edifying as well as fun thoughts on the topic to Jane.

• 16 michael kors purses // Jun 21, 2017 at 3:37 am

I precisely wanted to thank you so much all over again. I am not sure the things I would’ve followed without the entire tactics shared by you on such theme. It has been a frustrating crisis for me personally, however , taking note of a new specialised way you handled that took me to cry over contentment. I am happy for this information as well as believe you realize what a powerful job your are getting into teaching the mediocre ones with the aid of your blog post. Probably you’ve never got to know all of us.

• 17 longchamp // Jun 22, 2017 at 11:44 pm

I wish to express my gratitude for your kindness in support of those who have the need for guidance on this particular situation. Your very own dedication to passing the message throughout had become especially informative and has usually empowered associates like me to attain their objectives. Your warm and friendly guide denotes so much to me and further more to my mates. Thank you; from all of us.

• 18 Louie Palisi // Jun 23, 2017 at 4:26 am

Why aren’t you taking advantage of the BEST KEPT SECRET on the internet? Because you don’t know about it… Read More…

• 19 adidas yeezy // Jun 24, 2017 at 7:28 pm

Thank you a lot for providing individuals with a very terrific possiblity to read articles and blog posts from this web site. It is often very brilliant and also stuffed with fun for me and my office acquaintances to search your website at a minimum three times in 7 days to see the fresh stuff you will have. And of course, I’m so usually happy with all the attractive information you serve. Some 4 tips on this page are undeniably the simplest we have had.

• 20 yeezy boost // Jun 26, 2017 at 11:04 am

I really wanted to jot down a small note to thank you for those fabulous concepts you are writing at this site. My prolonged internet investigation has now been honored with beneficial knowledge to go over with my two friends. I ‘d admit that many of us visitors actually are undoubtedly lucky to dwell in a superb network with many special professionals with very helpful tactics. I feel very much happy to have discovered the webpage and look forward to many more brilliant times reading here. Thank you once again for everything.

• 21 lacoste polo // Jun 26, 2017 at 2:46 pm

I am only commenting to let you know what a fantastic encounter my friend’s girl experienced reading through your webblog. She came to understand some things, including how it is like to have a very effective helping character to make most people effortlessly fully grasp several grueling issues. You truly surpassed readers’ expected results. I appreciate you for delivering such insightful, safe, explanatory and even fun thoughts on this topic to Kate.

• 22 adidas nmd // Jun 28, 2017 at 10:04 pm

I would like to point out my gratitude for your generosity supporting men and women who must have guidance on this study. Your very own commitment to getting the message all around was astonishingly insightful and has specifically made men and women like me to arrive at their dreams. This helpful guideline means this much a person like me and even more to my office colleagues. Thanks a lot; from everyone of us.

• 23 FeliciaX // Jun 29, 2017 at 3:11 pm

I see your blog needs some fresh posts. Writing manually takes a
    lot of time, but there is tool for this time consuming task, type in google: murgrabia’s tools

• 24 adidas yeezy // Jun 30, 2017 at 4:29 pm

I抎 must test with you here. Which isn’t one thing I usually do! I get pleasure from reading a publish that can make folks think. Additionally, thanks for allowing me to comment!

• 25 michael kors outlet online // Jul 3, 2017 at 9:57 pm

I precisely desired to appreciate you once again. I do not know the things that I would have implemented without the type of advice shared by you directly on such concern. It had been a very alarming matter in my position, but being able to view your skilled manner you treated the issue took me to jump over happiness. I am just happier for your assistance and then pray you know what a powerful job you’re putting in educating men and women all through your websites. Probably you’ve never met any of us.

• 26 yeezy boost // Jul 4, 2017 at 6:30 pm

you will have an ideal blog here! would you prefer to make some invite posts on my weblog?

• 27 collier alhambra van cleef or rose prix // Jul 18, 2017 at 7:48 am

The issue is most likely on the line that deserializes the JSON, try removing that line and everything after it to confirm. Most likely your data type is different than that of the iTunes JSON.
    collier alhambra van cleef or rose prix