FRET 8

March 5th, 2008 · 12 Comments

2187472789_e6ed71a4d6.jpg

(photo by gravityx9)

look, no one likes a whiner… and especially when what they’re whining about is totally self induced. so i’ll just keep this short and fat. whoa! did i just say that? a freudian slip of the overactive tongue? hey, speaking of tongues, when i come back in another life – i definitely wanna be my tongue. or my cats. because they are both incredibly spoiled. (clarification – i’m talking the entire cat.) i’ve been eating way too much rich food and i don’t feel very sparky on the inside and quite frankly, i’m not looking my shiniest either. so i am taking a little break from eating much of anything at all. i’m sticking to fruit for a few days, and giving my liver a hiatus from the excesses of too much fat and wine. my body needs some good lovin’ of the healthy kind. and really, it’s the very least i could do for it – after all it does for me… but i happen to have some stockpiled dishes that i’ve recently made and i’m posting about one of them tonight so be prepared because i am ready to hit you with quite the doozy. and then there’s a cake. and also something really freakin’ weird. and by then i might be ok again. so this is the buddha telling me to keep that mouth of mine shut while still remaining exquisitely and supremely happy. good advice on many levels…

Tags: FRET

• 1 Robert // Mar 5, 2008 at 11:31 am

Sounds more like good advice than a real fret. Your handle on the abundance that is our lives is quite secure.

• 2 cookiecrumb // Mar 5, 2008 at 12:01 pm

Oh, OK then.
    Looking at the pictures, I was afraid you had taken up the art of bulimia.

• 3 lucy // Mar 5, 2008 at 12:07 pm

let’s not talk about how 1/2 of my diet over the weekend consisted of a batch of sweet rolls. or how about how i had dinner last night and then sat in front of my computer with a box of teddy grahams and nutella. or how my h20 intake is at an all time low. my body is so pissed off at me that it’s starting to revolt via aches/pains and fatigue.
    yay fruit!

• 4 Mari // Mar 5, 2008 at 12:18 pm

girl, i know exactly how you feel. we went to the US for 3 weeks at Christmas, and by week 3, we weren’t even hungry anymore.

detox your way to good health, and enjoy it!

• 5 ElZorro // Mar 5, 2008 at 3:45 pm

C:

Although I cannot look into your soul, I hereby declare that yesterday you look’d yummy enought to be dipped in buttah.

Or in poblano-xocolatl mole

• 6 claudia // Mar 5, 2008 at 4:04 pm

robert – too much of a good thing… i’m dying ova heya…

cookie – funny girl you are…

lucy – but you are young and beautiful and fit into your sexy jeans. i have seen the pics… but still. go drink a glass of water. now.

mari – i hear ya sistah. the thought of food is actually incredibly unappealing today. i feel kinda poisoned. detox is what’s on the menu for awhile.

elZ – you are an oh so very latin man, so your compliments don’t count. but i love to hear them regardless…

• 7 theitaliandish // Mar 5, 2008 at 4:25 pm

I thought the Buddha was getting ready to hurl until I read the caption. I can relate on the sometimes eating too much rich food and you need to take a break. Looking forward to tonight’s post.

• 8 melissa // Mar 5, 2008 at 4:44 pm

I always love these photos of yours. a cook after my own soul. ;)

get yourself healthy claudia. I, like those above, can definitely relate. take care of your body, my dear. can’t wait to see whatever you have in store.

• 9 Traci @ Soup of The Day // Mar 5, 2008 at 7:56 pm

This post reminds me of when we go to New Orleans. Their food is amazing and we travel there specifically for the food – but after a few days of rich, buttery, saucy, fried, fried and fried food… your body just screams HELP! Gimme a vegetable! PLEASE! Sheesh.

You can feel it. Definitely.

• 10 democommie // Mar 5, 2008 at 8:59 pm

Back in the days when I was about 35 or 40 pounds heavier than I am at the moment I used to have trouble sleeping on my back. I wasn’t heavy from too much good food, just too much food and beer.

Due to some things that happened to me when I was quite yogng, I have some serious food issues. It’s one of those “lack mentality” things. It’s always a struggle, but less so lately.

The French (and the Italians as well) reconize that too much of a good thing is okay as long as you’re willing to do a little penance.

• 11 michelle @ TNS // Mar 7, 2008 at 9:09 am

from your lips to my ears…i’ve gotta do this. having a food blog is KILLING ME. if it weren’t for the legions of adoring fans, i’d wonder what the point was.

• 12 yveala // Mar 9, 2008 at 3:45 pm

up-down-up-down-up-down
    UPPPPPP.
    that first photo looked like a rich chocolate statue at first. and, we know what we’re doing , what we should be doing and how we love to feel and look…soo whyyyyy???..at least you’ve got this fabulous food blog to partially blame..