riffing off of ruhlman

August 5th, 2010 · 9,008 Comments

the joke goes something like this: when it’s summer in nashville you need to lock your car doors when you go anywhere otherwise when you come back there will be a bushel of zucchini on your passenger seat.

and THEN what would you do? because sometimes zucchinis and yellow squash can be a little perplexing, if only due to the lack of excitement they tend to cause.

i was reading ruhlman’s last post and decided that a version of his sauteed zucchini recipe would be a perfect jumping off point for a pasta dinner with friends. it’s hot as hell out and i’m eating very lightly right now – paying for some recent past indulgences. i knew i owed you all a pasta dish and although there’s really no recipe here, i urge you to do what i did with ruhlman’s post and just get inspired and use up a few zucchini and squash from your csa haul or garden or local farmers market.

oh, so there’s that and i need to tell you about a gadget… because i use them on occasion and this one is kind of fun, as gadgets go…

enter: the saladacco spiral slicer

photo from the sur la table web site…

i’ve never hidden the fact that my knife skills are pretty lame if not dangerous. i get by, barely, so i tend to rely heavily on my mandoline, food processor slicer attachment and the kindness of others. and on occasion, this nifty little device which does two things. it makes long curly ribbons out of firm vegetables and it also makes an angel hair like strand. fun with vegetables. good times.

2 minced shallots and about 6 minced garlic cloves got sweated in some olive oil

and then added to that was a bit of salt and red pepper flakes.

next in went the zucchini, yellow squash and carrots and a good amount of fresh thyme. after about 3 minutes i added some butter and hit it with a good squeeze of lemon juice. it was tossed with some spaghettini and you can tell by the color that i used one of those multi grain omega 3 high protein pastas – but in a perfect world where i didn’t have to think about fiber and protein – OR if you were coming to dinner, i would have just used white pasta because it’s just better.

the dish was finished with some lightly toasted mediterranean pine nuts which are both hard to find and expensive. since, you’ve come to expect that from me, i didn’t want to let you down.

oh and tomatoes. it is august after all…

Tags: pasta · vegetables

9,008 responses so far ↓

• 1 warum nicht versuchen diese aus // Jun 9, 2017 at 5:12 pm

Denn viele dieser Frauen haben Erfahrung und sind sehr offen für vieles.

• 2 yeezy boost 350 // Jun 9, 2017 at 5:30 pm

I precisely wished to thank you very much all over again. I am not sure what I might have taken care of in the absence of the entire basics revealed by you about this question. It had been a real traumatic problem in my view, however , encountering the well-written form you managed it forced me to leap with gladness. Extremely thankful for this help and then wish you find out what an amazing job you happen to be getting into training many people thru your webblog. I am sure you’ve never got to know all of us.

• 3 links of london outlet store // Jun 10, 2017 at 5:45 pm

I am also writing to let you understand what a nice discovery my friend’s daughter experienced browsing your site. She realized so many pieces, which include what it is like to have a marvelous helping nature to let certain people clearly know some tricky things. You truly exceeded our own expected results. Thank you for providing these useful, trustworthy, edifying and even cool guidance on your topic to Emily.

• 4 TracyDab // Jun 12, 2017 at 3:08 pm

wh0cd597719 buspirone

• 5 harga galaxy tab // Jun 12, 2017 at 8:36 pm

You’re so interesting! I do not suppose I have read something like that before.
    So wonderful to find someone with some original
    thoughts on this subject. Really.. thanks for starting this up.
    This web site is one thing that’s needed on the web,
    someone with a little originality!

• 6 berater // Jun 13, 2017 at 6:58 am

Insgesamt aber gelingt nicht.

• 7 hier bewegt // Jun 13, 2017 at 1:22 pm

Eine knallrote Garnitur trug sie.Der Feriengast hatte mich bestellt, naturbusen weil er keinen vernünftigen Fernsehempfang hatte.

• 8 besuch // Jun 14, 2017 at 5:24 am

war etwas überrascht, aber wenn seine Schwester es haben wollte, wollte er ihr den Spaß nicht verderben.

• 9 Pharrell Williams x adidas NMD Human Race Collection Equipment Yellow Black Footwear White // Jun 14, 2017 at 9:01 am

Oh my goodness! an incredible article dude. Thank you However I’m experiencing issue with ur rss . Don抰 know why Unable to subscribe to it. Is there anyone getting similar rss downside? Anyone who knows kindly respond. Thnkx

• 10 huarache shoes // Jun 14, 2017 at 6:10 pm

I happen to be commenting to make you be aware of of the brilliant encounter our daughter encountered going through your web page. She realized plenty of issues, which include what it is like to possess a great coaching heart to make most people without difficulty know precisely certain specialized topics. You undoubtedly exceeded our own expectations. Many thanks for offering such precious, trustworthy, revealing and even unique thoughts on that topic to Sandra.

• 11 a knockout post // Jun 14, 2017 at 6:36 pm

15 yard dumpster
    a knockout post [url=https://www.dogtrainingbyh-e.com/sitemap370.php]a knockout post[/url]

• 12 yard waste // Jun 14, 2017 at 9:53 pm

waste companies
    yard waste

• 13 for beginners // Jun 15, 2017 at 4:38 am

construction dumpsters for rent
    for beginners

• 14 nike roshe run herren // Jun 15, 2017 at 8:24 am

cheap christian louboutins
    nike roshe run herren

• 15 yeezy boost 350 // Jun 15, 2017 at 4:42 pm

I not to mention my pals appeared to be viewing the good strategies found on your web blog and at once I had a terrible feeling I never thanked you for them. Those guys had been as a consequence happy to read them and have in effect in reality been enjoying them. Thanks for indeed being so thoughtful and for picking these kinds of remarkable tips millions of individuals are really desperate to be informed on. My very own honest regret for not saying thanks to earlier.

• 16 elegant portable toilets // Jun 15, 2017 at 5:08 pm

rent small dumpster
    elegant portable toilets

• 17 get more info // Jun 16, 2017 at 12:14 am

trash removal companies
    get more info

• 18 hobbyhuren in aachen // Jun 16, 2017 at 12:24 pm

IST ER WIRKLICH DÄMLICH NAIV ??

• 19 webseiten // Jun 16, 2017 at 12:58 pm

Professionelle erotische Portraits oder sinnliche Aktbilder auf hohem Niveau.

• 20 nike roshe run one // Jun 16, 2017 at 3:26 pm

I precisely wanted to thank you very much all over again. I do not know the things that I would’ve taken care of in the absence of the pointers shared by you concerning my concern. It became a real fearsome circumstance in my circumstances, however , observing a new expert strategy you managed the issue made me to leap with delight. I am just thankful for your advice and wish you know what an amazing job your are getting into instructing others through the use of your webblog. I am sure you haven’t come across all of us.

• 21 geh jetzt // Jun 17, 2017 at 10:16 am

Die Fristen sind es, welche im Verbund mit der ständigen Verkomplizierung des Wahlrechts die Behörden und die wahlwerbenden Gruppen auf Trab halten.

• 22 hobbyhuren dresden // Jun 17, 2017 at 12:40 pm

Ist das Kostenlose Guthaben verbraucht, habt ihr die Möglichkeit neue Sex Coins zu erwerben.

• 23 porta potty prices // Jun 17, 2017 at 11:10 pm

rent containers for trash
    porta potty prices

• 24 straight from the source // Jun 18, 2017 at 12:48 am

debris removal companies
    straight from the source

• 25 kyire irving shoes // Jun 18, 2017 at 4:48 am

Hummel: teams have pressure, want to beat PSV eindhoven
    kyire irving shoes

• 26 waste containers for rent // Jun 18, 2017 at 5:21 am

best dumpster rental
    waste containers for rent

• 27 watch this video // Jun 18, 2017 at 5:43 am

mini dumpster
    watch this video

• 28 kyire 1 // Jun 18, 2017 at 10:21 am

Kaldi made a public apology, inter will be deleted in the book the disagreement is home
    kyire 1

• 29 lacoste outlet // Jun 18, 2017 at 2:13 pm

I am also writing to let you understand what a impressive encounter our princess encountered reading through your webblog. She mastered many things, with the inclusion of what it’s like to have a wonderful helping spirit to get other people completely fully understand a number of impossible subject matter. You truly surpassed our own expected results. I appreciate you for supplying these good, dependable, educational and even fun tips on the topic to Julie.

• 30 nike vapormax // Jun 19, 2017 at 8:49 pm

I just wish to show you that I am new to putting up a blog and pretty much cherished your webpage. Very likely I am probably to save your blog post . You truly have fantastic article content. Like it for share-out with us the best web report
    nike vapormax

• 31 adidas terrex // Jun 20, 2017 at 2:40 am

I have been absent for some time, but now I remember why I used to love this website. Thanks , I?|ll try and check back more frequently. How frequently you update your site?
    adidas terrex

• 32 air force 1 // Jun 20, 2017 at 10:05 am

I just wanted to develop a small word in order to thank you for the lovely steps you are giving out at this site. My particularly long internet lookup has now been compensated with pleasant strategies to share with my best friends. I would assert that many of us readers actually are unquestionably endowed to be in a great website with many special professionals with very helpful points. I feel somewhat blessed to have come across the web pages and look forward to some more entertaining moments reading here. Thank you once more for a lot of things.

• 33 yeezy boost // Jun 21, 2017 at 8:55 am

A lot of thanks for all of the labor on this blog. My mom really likes participating in investigations and it’s easy to see why. A number of us learn all regarding the dynamic tactic you produce simple techniques by means of your blog and therefore foster response from some others about this article while our own simple princess is without question becoming educated a lot. Have fun with the remaining portion of the year. Your conducting a first class job.

• 34 yeezy boost // Jun 22, 2017 at 5:42 am

I enjoy you because of all of the efforts on this web page. My mum delights in setting aside time for investigation and it’s really easy to see why. My partner and i learn all relating to the powerful way you render very helpful tips and tricks on the website and foster contribution from people on that idea so our simple princess is really becoming educated a lot of things. Enjoy the rest of the year. You are doing a useful job.

• 35 www.sex.de // Jun 22, 2017 at 7:53 pm

Du gibst mir einen letzten zärtlichen Kuss, bevor du dich mich schmiegst und einschläfst.Mit der Zeit versetzte ich alles, was ich zu Geld machen konnte, um über die Runden zu kommen.

• 36 gehen sie zu meinem blog // Jun 22, 2017 at 8:23 pm

Sie spricht fließend katalanisch, spanisch und deutsch.

• 37 adidas yeezy boost 350 deutschland erscheinungsdatum // Jun 23, 2017 at 6:30 pm

adidas yeezy boost 350 australia
    adidas yeezy boost 350 deutschland erscheinungsdatum

• 38 kobe 9 // Jun 24, 2017 at 1:48 am

My spouse and i ended up being quite fortunate when Chris managed to deal with his inquiry through the precious recommendations he acquired from your own web pages. It’s not at all simplistic to simply find yourself handing out tips and tricks which many people may have been trying to sell. And we all do know we need the writer to thank for this. The entire explanations you have made, the simple site navigation, the relationships you can aid to engender – it’s everything remarkable, and it’s really letting our son and us believe that the theme is pleasurable, and that’s extremely fundamental. Thanks for all!

• 39 kobe 11 // Jun 25, 2017 at 9:21 pm

I as well as my guys ended up checking out the good thoughts found on your web site and then instantly came up with a terrible feeling I had not expressed respect to the blog owner for those tips. Most of the men appeared to be absolutely joyful to read them and now have in actuality been tapping into these things. Thanks for simply being simply thoughtful and for obtaining certain outstanding subject areas most people are really desirous to be informed on. My very own honest apologies for not expressing gratitude to you sooner.

• 40 ss品 ブランドコピー // Jun 26, 2017 at 5:44 am

ルイヴィトン財布
    弊店では信用第一主義を徹底しており社員全員下記の方針のもとに頑張っています。
    1.不適合品を入荷しない。
    厳しく受け入れ検査を行い、お客様に満足いただける品質のいい物だけを入荷する。
    2.不適合品を出荷しない。
    出荷前に細部まで二重確認を行い、お客様からご注文頂いた商品を納期通り出荷する。
    3.お客様からのクレームゼロ
    お客様第一主義を徹底し、お客様からのお問い合わせ、苦情等に対して積極的かつ丁寧に対応いたします。

• 41 dieser typ // Jun 26, 2017 at 1:04 pm

Wie lange du mein allerliebster Gast bist, dem ich am liebsten nie Geld abgeknöpft hätte .Wohl oder übel musste ich mich nun mal nach telefonsex schweiz Sachsen begeben.

• 42 sexkontakte oberhausen // Jun 26, 2017 at 4:15 pm

bedenke,Gras pur konsumiert und im besten Fall noch verdampft hat positive Effekte auf Lunge und Bronchien.

• 43 yeezy boost // Jun 26, 2017 at 8:10 pm

My wife and i were so satisfied Edward could finish up his web research using the ideas he obtained out of your web pages. It is now and again perplexing to simply possibly be freely giving tips people have been trying to sell. We recognize we have got the writer to give thanks to for this. Those illustrations you made, the simple blog menu, the friendships you will help promote – it is all superb, and it’s really facilitating our son and us believe that that article is thrilling, which is certainly especially mandatory. Many thanks for all the pieces!

• 44 lebron 14 shoes // Jun 27, 2017 at 3:20 pm

I simply wanted to appreciate you all over again. I am not sure what I would have done without those secrets shared by you directly on such a field. It had been the daunting case in my view, nevertheless taking a look at this well-written avenue you resolved it took me to cry with happiness. I am just happy for your support and even pray you realize what an amazing job you are getting into training some other people through your website. I’m certain you have never got to know all of us.

• 45 yeezys // Jun 29, 2017 at 3:23 am

I simply had to appreciate you yet again. I am not sure the things I would’ve done without these creative ideas contributed by you directly on such subject. It had become a alarming dilemma in my position, nevertheless noticing a new specialized tactic you resolved it took me to weep with joy. I will be thankful for the work and thus believe you really know what a powerful job you happen to be doing teaching many people through the use of a blog. I’m certain you have never met all of us.

• 46 nike football boots // Jun 30, 2017 at 9:36 pm

I definitely wanted to construct a simple comment so as to thank you for the lovely guidelines you are placing here. My extensive internet look up has at the end been compensated with good quality tips to talk about with my contacts. I ‘d admit that most of us site visitors actually are truly blessed to dwell in a decent community with many brilliant people with valuable solutions. I feel extremely blessed to have come across your entire site and look forward to so many more enjoyable times reading here. Thanks once more for everything.

• 47 yeezy boost // Jul 2, 2017 at 9:40 pm

Once I initially commented I clicked the -Notify me when new comments are added- checkbox and now each time a remark is added I get 4 emails with the identical comment. Is there any means you’ll be able to take away me from that service? Thanks!

• 48 falcons jersey // Jul 5, 2017 at 12:07 am

I precisely wished to thank you very much yet again. I’m not certain the things that I might have followed without the type of points revealed by you concerning such a topic. It had been a very frightful matter for me, but considering this skilled tactic you dealt with that made me to leap over gladness. I’m grateful for this work and as well , have high hopes you know what a powerful job you have been accomplishing training most people via your web blog. I’m certain you’ve never encountered any of us.