red carbonara

October 4th, 2007 · 2,970 Comments

so here’s a fact. when a dish calls for white wine and you’re too lazy to go and get a bottle, especially when you’ve just uncorkedanice red… don’t think you can substitute one for the other. because you can’t.

it pretty much blew it for me. the carbonara was a straight forward version. onion, pancetta, a mix of parmegiano and pecorino and of course eggs. i wish i’d had a bunch of parsley but i was out and as an afterthought we used some basil which was a good addition to a not so good dish. so you may not see any red, but i did – after i took a bite.

edible? yes. repeatable? no…

Tags: bad · pasta

2,970 responses so far ↓

• 1 student health insurance // Sep 17, 2016 at 12:14 am

"Take a textile plant in a small town in SW Virginia. It closes down and there are no other plants to work at in the area and he's supposed to move to Roanoke and find a place to work but he has a 10th grade education."So he might have to move to N Dakota.

• 2 insurance car // Sep 17, 2016 at 6:08 am

”Kommer man närmare objeketet om man sätter pÃ¥ en närbildslind pÃ¥ ett macro objektiv?”Ja det gör man.Titta även pÃ¥ om du vill komma närmare motivet. Jag gillar mellanringar bättre än närbildslins.

• 3 // Sep 17, 2016 at 8:56 am

es absolutamente interesante y aporta información que nos sitúa y nos “documenta” un poquito más en toda esta historia.Una vez más gracias @Francesc y un saludo de parte del equipo de Vador.esVador

• 4 // Sep 17, 2016 at 10:27 am

Maybe it’s a Brit/American thing, but I would have added “in” to the tagline so it read “Originals never fit in.” The first time I saw them, I took it to mean that the jeans don’t fit, which leads to people looking at you funny. Okay, I’m going to take off my “client hat” now. Nice, simple campaign.

• 5 // Sep 17, 2016 at 12:16 pm

Well, volunteer work is not a new thing in Hong Kong. Community service as extra-curricular activity in a university is also not a new thing. But community service as part of an academic subject with credits which are given grades that affect your GPA – that is new. Yes, we feel it should be an important part of university education.

• 6 // Sep 17, 2016 at 4:23 pm

Fabby cards as usual from the DT – Lovin those cows and the duck! I had a bit of a panic on this one but came up with something. Thanks for the lovely prize which arrived today. You can see my card . LOL Lynn x

• 7 // Sep 17, 2016 at 9:47 pm

Το κομμάτι χωρίς να είναι κακό, απλά δεν είναι Soundgarden. Είναι solo Chris Cornell ή έστω Audioslave στις στιγμές όπου ο Cornell ισοπέδωνε τον Morello (for better or for worse).Μπα. Soundgarden αυτό;νο.

• 8 // Sep 18, 2016 at 10:31 am

Gracias Horacio por tus comentarios, especialmente por los enlaces. El CERN me gusta precisamente porque hace cosas que no persiguen el desarrollo industrial, sino que persiguen el conocimiento en sí mismo. El problema es que no estoy seguro si lo logra o no lo logra. Es posible que la WWW hubiera sido armada en cualqier caso. y tambiéne sosible que el más abstracto de lo análisis redunde en nuevos juguetes. |

• 9 // Sep 18, 2016 at 11:33 am

I was wondering if you ever thought of changing the structure of your website? Its very well written; I love what youve got to say. But maybe you could a little more in the way of content so people could connect with it better. Youve got an awful lot of text for only having 1 or two pictures. Maybe you could space it out better?

• 10 // Sep 18, 2016 at 5:25 pm

Some people just can’t see the bigger picture. It’s called social media for a reason. People will talk about you whether you like it or not. Your job isn’t to manage everything, it’s to lead these people, help them do what they want to do etc.

• 11 // Sep 19, 2016 at 2:05 am

What about spam blogs? Just wade through for 5 minutes and you'll see at least 1/2 are gibberish auto created blogs. I flag them all the time, but some effort should be made in creating something that halts this kind of crap.

• 12 // Sep 19, 2016 at 9:36 am

You actually make it appear so easy along with your presentation however I find this matter to be actually one thing which I feel I’d by no means understand. It kind of feels too complicated and extremely broad for me. I am taking a look forward for your next put up, I will try to get the grasp of it!

• 13 // Sep 19, 2016 at 10:48 am

I'm coming out of hiding to tell you that, yes, I am still here and still reading through my Google Reader! And following you on Pinterest too. 🙂 Happy 900th!By the way, I also agree with the change in the bloggy world. Less comments because we're all sidetracked by Facebook and Pinterest and Instagram and whatnot. But I'll still be blogging because it's a gift I'm giving to my kids one day.

• 14 // Sep 19, 2016 at 6:11 pm

This is the rectify PS Vita gets second firmware update, nixes software bugs | My Blog diary for anyone who wants to seek out out most this theme. You asking so often its virtually wearing to fence with you (not that I rattling would want…HaHa). You definitely put a new revolve on a matter thats been transcribed roughly for age. Respectable meaninglessness, just eager!

• 15 // Sep 20, 2016 at 1:46 am

Pendant que t’es debout Elmar, impose les tie-breaks et revient à 2 sets gagnants. Tu vois bien comme moi que les gamins de Marque ne font que 2 heures de sieste ?

• 16ña.html // Sep 20, 2016 at 8:28 am

Obrigado pela informação.Mas não estou aí a ver nenhuma defesa da permanência no euro, mas sim uma exigência de compensações por danos causados – uma dívida do centro para com a periferia.

• 17 car insurance rates Bellefontaine OH // Sep 20, 2016 at 1:50 pm

Citeam,citeam si parca crestea suspansul asteptand sa gasesc la final vestea despre tine pt ca stiu ca-ti doresti! Insa acum cred ca vei adopta un alt mod de a da vestea cand si in tine isi va face loc o noua viata! Imbratisari, Corina!!!

• 18 // Sep 20, 2016 at 2:46 pm

Neuer VersuchHallo MädelsHier mein erster Beitrag zu einer Challenge, hoffe, dass es jetzt klappt ;-)Toi, toi, toi und viele tolle Ideen wünsche ich euch zum neuen Challenge BlogLG Sabine

• 19 // Sep 20, 2016 at 3:59 pm

Claudio Sungo Puati Tomas Posted on Excelências,Antes porém, reitero as minhas calorosas saudações.Solicito os bons ofícios da Vossa Instituição, no sentido de autorizar a realização do Curso de Português Jurídico.Outrossim, peço os requisitos do mesmo, e a forma de pagamento.

• 20 low income auto insurance dmv Lebanon PA // Sep 20, 2016 at 8:00 pm

Kathianne · Hang that photo on your bathroom mirror where you can see it often. We all have self-doubts. But you have made a commitment to do a race that most people (myself included) never could even dream about. You are taking steps each day towards your dream. Steps that stomp that self-doubt into the ground. You go girl!

• 21 direct auto insurance Wheaton IL // Sep 20, 2016 at 10:29 pm

Und soilte es tatsächlich so sein, das der Teig aus Hessen kommt, dann wäre der 2. Fehler selbstverständlich die Bezeichnung der Wiener Wurst in Österreich, da sie dort tatsächlich als Frankfurter bezeichnet wird. Unter Wiener kennt man dort eher eine Schnittwurst

• 22 car insurance in Seattle WA // Sep 21, 2016 at 2:48 am

de la SLRB vient d’adopter au mois de mars dernier à mon initiative prévoit, outre l’application systématique du standard passif, de multiplier les installations de cogénération pour tous les projets futurs. Mais le projet

• 23 car insurance with no license in Boynton Beach FL // Sep 21, 2016 at 5:10 am

As you mention we do have a lot of problems like child marriage, corrupt political system, unemployment etc but we are moving ahead, lets not dampen our hopes.Nice theme is it a premium one? Looks very much like wordpress themes.

• 24 low income auto insurance Wisconsin Rapids WI // Sep 21, 2016 at 6:26 am

Ach Gottchen, der Klausi mal wieder. Der größte Polemiker und Hirnakrobat auf dieser Seite. Mein Gott Junge, warum lernst du nicht endlich mal was anstatt hier deinen Unfug zum Besten zu geben? Echt zum Totlachen, das Klausilein und seine Sprüche

• 25 list of auto insurances in Irwin PA // Sep 21, 2016 at 7:18 am

Esti tare frumoasa! Te prinde super parul aranjat asa! Zi-mi te rog daca mai stii de unde ai fusta? Este nemaipomenita! Imi place inelul si pantofii! Asta pe langa restul accesoriilor! Sa ai o zi cat mai minunata!

• 26örsäkra.html // Sep 21, 2016 at 2:41 pm

Those are so pretty..I love macros! Thank you for the info on ice circles. I had never seen one and I was amazed at the perfect shape. Thank you for posting to Nature Notes Tina and I hope you have a great week….Michelle

• 27 cheap full coverage car insurance Philadelphia PA // Sep 21, 2016 at 3:27 pm

Allo Benoît,À peine venais-je de découvrir ton blogue (juste avant les Fêtes), que je me voyais interdit d’y accéder (pendant les Fêtes). Je suis très heureux de voir que tu es de retour et que maintenant (après les Fêtes) je peux te lire.À bientôt!René

• 28 // Sep 21, 2016 at 8:28 pm

I had been very pleased to search out this web-site.I needed to thank you for your time with this wonderful read!! I definitely enjoying each and every little little it and I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you blog post.Am I Allowed To just say what a relief to locate somebody who truly knows what theyre discussing on the net.