FRET 7 or ‘my post thanksgiving blues post’

November 23rd, 2007 · 10 Comments

img_2961.JPG

first of all, let me get this out of the way.

nablopomo
just nablowme, ok?

phew. now that’s crossed off my list.

our friends just built an amazing home that’s not quite finished – but close.  the kitchen and bathrooms are fully operational so they brought over all their outdoor furniture and we dined bistro style by the fireplace in the otherwise empty house.  it was perfect.

so besides the great dinner and spending time with people i love, my favorite part of thanksgiving is that whole ‘stopping for a minute and giving thanks’ thing.  and so when we all joined hands and closed our eyes to share the gratitude aloud, our grace was nicely capped with an “amen, hallelujah and bon appétit”.  personally, i got a kick out of that.

here’s a teaser photo of our unique turkey scenario.  more on this to come.

img_2873-1.JPG

as i write it’s past 10 pm and today i have fasted.  just some tea with a bit of agave.  i’ve not eaten one single thing.  i’m quite sure that yesterday i ate enough calories for 2 days easily so i am just going to level out here.  regroup.  i’ve managed to successfully side step the leftovers.  no turkey sandwich with russian dressing for me.  i barely entered the kitchen.

the turkey stock can wait a day or two, ok michael?

but i am considering a longer fast.  like a 2 or 3 weeker.  like a ‘no food’ kinda fast - just some fresh squeezed juice.  i’ve done it before, but never as a food blogger.  we’ll see what i do.

anyway, drastic times call for drastic measures…

Tags: FRET

• 1 Meg // Nov 24, 2007 at 11:52 am

Not eating? Even chocolate? No, no, no, no. That won’t make you happy (and I do understand the particular misery of too-tight pants). Unless you can find a way to count chocolate as “fresh squeezed juice.” With a little baguette.

• 2 TaratheFoodie // Nov 24, 2007 at 12:41 pm

Why not just skip on over to the gym a few days a week rather than giving up the joy that is food? I too struggle with the weight thing and know first hand how hard it is when you love to cook and eat as much as I do. However, I’ve learned that my “all or nothing” tendencies never work. You have to make your desire to be a certain weight and build fit into your lifestyle. I admit I’ve never tried a fast and am certain I’d never be able to do it. Good luck to you whatever you decide to do and I hope it makes you feel fantastic.

• 3 TaratheFoodie // Nov 24, 2007 at 12:42 pm

Sorry, I messed my link up above. :-)

• 4 cookiecrumb // Nov 24, 2007 at 2:45 pm

Hey, don’t die on us, now!
    Be healthy.
    xx

• 5 claudia // Nov 24, 2007 at 2:47 pm

oh meg… no nothing. i must pay pay pay… no bread – no chocolate. NADA.

tara – if only it were that easy. at my age, weight is slow to budge. and i am a huge exercise advocate but first the food frenzy must end. all or nothing is impossible with food because we need to eat to live. somehow i am wired to live to eat… but right now. i need a break. it’s not easy to fast but i am an old pro…

• 6 claudia // Nov 24, 2007 at 2:48 pm

cookie, my dear brilliant cyber buddy… have no fear! it’d take me at least 6 or more weeks of no food to die on you. i’ve got plenty of reserves!

• 7 lucyre // Nov 24, 2007 at 6:28 pm

oh.my.god. you’ve got to be kidding me. not eating anything for 2-3 weeks? not only is that insanely unhealthy (emotionally and physically), i can’t think of a single reason why it would be worth it. i’m going to fret all month if i think that you’re out there not eating.

• 8 Lesley // Nov 25, 2007 at 11:38 am

At least those birds died in a loving embrace. Ha! :)

• 9 FireDog // Nov 25, 2007 at 8:54 pm

Your friends new house looks pretty incredible.
    I hate that you were fasting though.

I don’t want you to fast so long either! We’re just afraid you’ll get sick. Please be careful.

• 10 Lauren // Nov 26, 2007 at 3:53 pm

if only everyone knew just how well you fast…

houston, is there a problem? the space shuttle has yet to land. where is the turkey? i just gotta know how it all went down.